Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) are a set of neurobiological disorders that involve difficulties in social interaction and communication, restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior related to the difficulty in tolerating changes in the environment.
The clinical manifestations and severity of these disorders are varied and to establish the diagnosis it is necessary to consider the existence of a difficulty in socialization in all contexts and at least two of the following patterns of behavior: speech, movements or use of objects in a repetitive way; excessive adhering to routines/resistance to change, ritualized patterns of behaviors; fixed and very restricted interests; misfit sensory reactivity or unusual interest in sensory aspects of the environment.
At the Neurovida clinic, you will find a multidisciplinary team and a personalized program designed to the needs of each patient, called NeuroLearning.
The NeuroLearning assessment process includes:
- Neurophysiological Studies (EEG – Brain Mapping): with this study we will analyze the current conditions of the brain of each patient, this allows us to diagnose with greater precision the possible causes of pathologies.
- A Complete Neuropsychological Assessment: This allows us to evaluate all the abilities of the brain as well as its intelligence by separating it into different modules and evaluating the current state.
- As well as other clinical evaluations: in some cases, when it is considered necessary, speech and occupational evaluations can be performed, with the aim of making an accurate diagnosis of some pathologies.
The NeuroLearning program is divided into different modules and is adapted to the needs of the patient in each of them (memory module, attention module, among others). The effect of treatment is cumulative and with each module completed the effectiveness is more noticeable.
The main benefits of the NeuroLearning program are as follows:
- Free of drugs and their side effects.
- Acts on the causes of the child’s difficulties and not only on the symptoms.
- Provides tools to combat difficulties and achieve better academic results.
- Decreases the effects of neurodevelopmental disorders.